The bottom line is young people are central of everything we do. We embrace them as valuable resources and assets to our community.
This group of bright young sparks was formed to be a voice for young Territorian’s ideas, opinions to create positive change in the community through peer education projects and to provide views on youth unemployment.
What do we do?
As youth ambassadors, Leadership Academy enjoy coaching and motoring sessions focused on progressing their career, mindset and life goals. They develop leadership skills, project planning, and personal and professional development opportunities under the guidance of our skilled team and like-minded professionals.
Projects to represent youth to date:
- Darwin Pride - ‘Rainbow Family Night Out’ Pride Week project
- Ship for World Youth initiative - 'Youth Empowerment: Sharing Stories' project
- Disability Discrimination Commissioners NT Youth Focus Group
- National Youth Employment Body - National Employers Reference Group
LA make a commitment to do local projects that meet the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Continuing members of the Leadership Academy become Honorary Alumni members, and help:
- mentor new team members;
- co-facilitate Leadership Academy activities;
- with team meetings, projects and workshops; and
Alumni have fun guiding new members in ways to help improve our community.