Transition to Work (TtW)
Helping young people aged 15-24 find a job and keep it.
We give practical support to develop employability skills and understand workplace expectations.
We help you identify your strengths, aspirations, skills and any practical challenges to finding a job.
Transitioning to work is about more than just finding a job.
It's about getting the right skills and training to prepare you for work.
We’ll do this by:
- Exploring career options and the necessary training
- Supporting to gain a driver’s licence
- Helping to fill out job applications and prepare a quality resume
- Offering work experience
- Offering financial incentives to employers
Once you've found work, we'll continue to support you for the first six months of your new job!
Are you eligible?
- Aged 15-24
- Aged 15-17 will require a ‘Notification of arrangement’ to be released from school
- Reside in Darwin, Casuarina or Palmerston area (click to view map)
- Aren’t currently enrolled in education
- Aren’t already participating in employment services
- Haven’t worked an average of 8 hours or more per week for 13 weeks
- Don’t have a Year 12 Certificate or a Certificate III or higher
Received a Year 12 Certificate, Certificate III or higher, more than 6 months ago
- You don’t need to be on an allowance to join
Referrals can be made by interested youth/families, non-government and government agencies.
What you can expect
We’ll help you engage in a range of activities for 25 hours per week including:
- Personal development support to gain self-confidence and to create independence
- Practical support on how to search and apply for a job and help in improving interview skills
- Assistance with interview/work clothing and transport costs to attend an interview/starting a job
- Literacy and numeracy support
- Six months of practical support once you’re in a job
By working with employers, education and training providers, and community organisations in your local community, we strive to provide opportunities for you.
Helpful Links and Files